Tuesday, December 21, 2010

one

My husband and I have agreed to stop trying to avoid pregnancy. We are not going to actively try to get pregnant, but we're "not not trying", if you will. I am writing this blog to keep track of things. 

I am taking the last week of BC pills- I take Seasonique; the "period pills" actually serve a purpose, and are not just sugar pills. So the yellow (or period pills) are the ones I mean when I say the last week. I don't really know why I am bothering with taking them, other than to make my husband happy. He doesn't really understand how any of this works. I'm quite certain I would have my period right now whether I took these yellow pills or not. But he thinks I will mess some thing up if I don't do as the instructions tell me :). Oh well, my BC pill has always made my period light and short, so maybe taking the pills will keep it that way! this cycle anyway. haha

We had originally planned on finishing the whole pack of BC (Seasonique is the one with 3 mo. worth of BC, and one period week) I had about a month left of the regular BC pills. I kept forgetting to take them, and in turn was feeling sick all of the time. My stomach hurt, nausea, headaches, cramps, etc. I am pretty sure that if I had just quit forgetting and took my pills as I should, that I wouldn't have been feeling crappy.. But since, even with two alarms and reminders, I kept forgetting, I asked my husband what he would think if I just stopped taking them a month earlier than we had planned. I assumed we would just use condoms for a month and then we could start trying to conceive as we had planned. But to my surprise, my husband said what the hell, whats a month anyway. 

So, basically I am on here keeping track of our journey of trying to start a family. Even though we are not actively TRYING, I am still super excited at the thought of having a baby.  

No comments:

Post a Comment